Language delays new jersey


If my child already had an evaluation will they need another completed?

If you have an evaluation report that is less than 6 months old, we require a copy of the evaluation to determine diagnosis, frequency/duration of therapy and goals for therapy. If there is any additional information needed or if another skill area needs to be assessed then your child will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting treatment.

Where do you provide the services?

All services including evaluations and treatment sessions are conducted in the comfort of your home OR over teletherapy.


In-home therapy is beneficial in that:

  • a child learns best in an environment they are most comfortable in.

  • the SLP can see directly what "tools" (i.e., toys, books, etc) a child has access to allowing the SLP to target meaningful vocabulary for your specific child.

  • parents are able to be coached on specific strategies tailored to their home and daily routines.

  • it is convenient for parents. No need to pack up the child (and siblings) to travel to therapy decreasing stress.

What forms of payment do you accept?

Payment is due at the time of each evaluation or treatment session in the form of cash, check, Venmo, or credit card. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) can also be used to pay for services. We are currently a private pay provider and do not participate in-network with any health insurance plans. 

Will my insurance cover my visit?

FUNctional Speech + Language LLC does not currently participate in-network with any health insurance plans. We are considered an out-of-network provider and private pay only. We do provide superbills upon request to families that are seeking reimbursement directly from their insurance company. Other documentation needed for reimbursement as requested and/or required by patient's health plan can be provide for an administrative fee. Our superbills/ documentation are not a guarantee of reimbursement from the insurance company. Patients are responsible for determining their own out-of-network benefit coverage prior to starting therapy and for seeking their own reimbursement from their insurance company.

Can I use my FSA/HSA cards to pay for services?

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are programs offered by your employer. Some employers offer both and some offer one or the other. These programs can be used to pay for therapy services and help offset some of the costs.

How can I schedule an appointment?

Send us a message by clicking here or call

908-227-4934. Please provide your child's name, age, town, and your concerns. Be sure to follow us on our social media pages for updates and tips. 

Home-based speech & language therapy serving
Cranford | Westfield | Garwood | Scotch Plains | Fanwood | Clark
*NEW service areas Morristown and Ocean C